Research Information Unit
"Journal of Agricultural Research (JAR)"
This is a quarterly publication wherein original research findings of scientists belonging to the country and abroad are published. The Journal of Agricultural Research is also available online at www.jar.com.pk to meet information needs of agricultural scientists and keeping them abreast of research findings of fellow scientists. The International Standard Serial No. (ISSN) for this Journal is 2076-7897 (online) and 0368-1157 (Print). Journal of Agricultural Research has been recognized by Higher Education Commission, Pakistan as well.
JAR Abstract Bulletin
This Bulletin comprises of abstracts of Journal of Agricultural Research (JAR) published in a year.The objective of this abstracting service is to meet information needs of agricultural professionals and also to facilitate them for effective citations in their research articles.
Media Liaison Units (Multan & Rawalpindi)
The research institutions located in different agro-ecological zones are actively engaged in formulating production technology packages and evolving high yielding crop varieties. Media Liaison Unit at Multan and Rawalpindi were established during 2008 to maintain effective liaison with local print and electronic media to project / disseminate site-specific production technologies of crops.
Media Liaison Units assist/support in performing following activities:
- Pre-testing of media productions and communication of feedback of the farming community.
- Coverage of agricultural development activities, farmer gatherings, refresher/training courses organized by Agriculture Department, Punjab through print and electronic media.
- The farmers are informed and advised in the shortest time about sudden on-salughts of insect pests/diseases attacks and weather vagaries/changes through local print and electronic media.
- Provide assistance to the electronic media in productions/telecasts of modern crop production technologies for educating and motivating the farmers.
- Release of daily agricultural news bulletin for broadcast through Radio. Issue handouts/press releases on agriculture.
- Arrange farmers interviews for broadcast through Radio.
- Render support in maintaining Library of video stock shots/footage at headquarters for production of video messages, documentaries and TVCs on agriculture.