Research Information Unit
Research Information Unit was established at AARI campus, Faisalabad Pakistan during 1979. The unit undertakes printing of following publications and documentation work to update knowledge of agricultural scientists for improving their research capabilities:
Scientific Periodical "Journal of Agricultural Research (JAR)"
- This is a quarterly publication wherein original research findings of scientists belonging to the country and abroad are published
- Being abstracted in International abstracting /database services like CAB Abstracts, AGRIS etc.
- Includes in online directory of Open Access Journals being maintained by a group of information agencies at National Library of Sweden
- Recognized by Higher Education Commission under "Y" category
- Under evaluation with Thomson Reuters, USA for grant of Impact Factor
- Available online
"Annual Research Report"
Annual research report of Ayub Agricultural Research Institute (AARI), Faisalabad is published regularly to document research achievements of different institutes/sections of AARI, Punjab.
Media Liaison Units
Two Media Liaison Units have been established at Multan and Rawalpindi which have started functioning during January 2008 where sufficient local/national press and electronic media are available for effective technology transfer. These units perform the following functions:
- Information/dissemination to farmers about sudden on-slaughts of insect-pests/disease attacks and weather vagaries/changes through local print and electronic media.
- Providing assistance to the electronic media in productions/telecasts of modern crop production technologies for educating and motivating the farmers.
- Release of daily agricultural news bulletin for broadcast through Radio and arranging farmers interviews for broadcast.
- Maintaining effective liaison with local newspapers/magazines by issuing handouts/press releases on agriculture.
- Issuing contradictions/clarifications of wrong news/information appearing the newspapers/magazines on agriculture and agricultural development/planning/policies.
- Coverage of agricultural development activities, farmers gatherings, refresher/training courses organized by Agriculture Department .
Rendering support in maintaining Library of video stock shots/footage at headquarters for production of video messages/TVCs and documentaries on agriculture.